Saturday, March 22, 2014

Are You Holding Up God's Plans?


It’s amazing how we can plan for things to go an exact, certain way. We do as much as to plan out every little detail. Why? Are you one of those people? I am, and letting God work on me as I speak. I find it so disappointing when I expect things to go a particular way and it takes a completely 180 turn on me! The difference isn’t so bad, but because it did not go according to my plan or my expectations, I’m terribly upset! But I have to ask, why? Why am I upset? Am I really having a temper tantrum because something did not go my way?? Am I really upset because someone said something or reacted in a way that did not play out in my head? Is it really that serious? I’ve noticed that this seems to be the root of several fleshly problems that we as a body have. We are too busy looking at and focusing on our own plans, but don’t you know there are plans that are greater than your own?

We get upset about things, we get frustrated, we get sad, we even get our feelings hurt because we are so focused on our own plans and expectations that we don’t see what God is doing through us or through others! We get so upset and focused on the situation and how hurtful it is that we become engulfed in ourselves, not God and what He needs us to do. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare (peace) and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (ESV) God has a plan, and it is a GOOD plan. Why are we too busy putting our own plans in the way? Doing this causes us to lose patience, get frustrated, become angry, and to do things spitefully. God has taught us to be and do the opposite of these things: “let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger” (James 1:19), “be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools” (Ecclesiastes 7:9), “rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer” (Romans 12:12), and “a hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention.” (Proverbs 15:18). I don’t want to be a fool, and neither should any of you!

We have to take these moments when we find ourselves focused on ourselves and our wants and our plans and put that energy toward God and His plan for us. Who are we to say those plans will just not do? We need to use these moments to ask God to help us and to bring us closer to Him. God has plans for us despite how we see our situations or certain circumstances. Sometimes, those low moments are needed just to build us, bring us closer to God, and prepare us for the thing God had planned all along! Sometimes, it's to show other people the evidence of His goodness and power. Let’s ask God to forgive us and to give us wisdom as we deal with daily situations and people in our lives. Make God your focus and let yourself be an example of His goodness, His mercy, and His love.

Amy M.

No comments:

Post a Comment