Monday, March 3, 2014

What Makes You Laugh?


I had a moment this past weekend that brought me so much laughter that I had to share another post. We all laugh, but the reason why this laughter was so special was because I was home alone while my husband was at work, and I was left in a quiet house trying to avoid my constant thoughts of a sad situation we are dealing with. I tried to find movies to watch, books to read, and that sadness was just there. Then, something happened that made me laugh! One of those good laughs! The type of laugh that starts others to laugh. But since I was the only one home, all I could hear was my own laughter and it was so funny I couldn't stop! When I calmed down, I realized that I felt really happy on the inside and whatever it was I was sad about, it wasn’t even that serious anymore. I had been trying to figure out how to see it as not that big of a deal, but at that moment it finally happened. With laughter. The bible says, “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” (Proverbs 17:22 ESV) My take away on all of this: God protected me from my own sadness and provided a moment of joy and even to this point, I feel great! We can’t sweat the little things nor the big things. It’s in God’s hands. Smile through it all. Your smile might be the thing that leads someone else straight to God!

-Amy M.

No comments:

Post a Comment